Pages

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Week 19 - Time of my Life!

So I completely forgot it was Thanksgiving this past week, until someone reminded me of it! Haha it's kinda weird not celebrating Thanksgiving. Everyone here starts putting up their Christmas decorations like right after Halloween by the way! So I've already been gearing up for Christmas for a month! I did get the amazon package you got for me, and it's kinda big! So if I move I probably will have to open it or else it won't exactly fit in my suitcase... So I may have to open it before christmas. I'll try not to though!
This week went okay, all of our appointments fell through and we haven't seen S. or B. in a week. We have no clue what is going on with B.. He says that he is still reading the Book of Mormon and praying everyday to find out if it's true and he just hasn't found his answer yet, but then he decided he didn't want to come to church yesterday. We haven't seen him in a week since he's been so busy lately and so we don't know what's holding him back from going to church. He told us on the phone that if he does get his answer then he will still be baptized so it seems he is still interested, but we just won't really know whats going on until we get to meet with him sometime soon. So that's kinda hard to deal with, plus on top of that S. was super busy this week and we couldn't find a time where we were both free. However we did have some good success in teaching people on the street and while tracting so we have some decent potential investigators that we can hopefully start teaching sometime this week! Our branch is also starting to do a little more missionary work as well so that's good! One of the young women in our branch brought her friend to church, and she was pretty curious about everything! We don't know if we'll actually be able to teach her, but at least we may have planted a seed! We also had 3 other people show up! Their names are M., D., and F.. They came like a month and a half ago and seemed just curious at first but enjoyed church and wanted to learn more. Then they just fell off the map and we didn't see them or hear from them forever until they just showed up at church yesterday! The hard part is they live about a 40 minute drive from Mullingar and we have no way of getting there. There is no public translation that takes us anywhere near where they live so we have to rely on whether or not they'll come visit us in Mullingar or one of the members can take time out of their day to drive us there. They said they would come next Sunday and we could talk more then so we'll see how that goes! It was awesome to have them show up though because we definitely needed to have a little pick me up after the rough week. We have to just keep working hard so that we can start finding more people to teach!
By the way next Monday I'll know if I am being moved or if I'm staying!!!! The moves call is on Dec. 8th so the 9th I'll let you guys know where I'm going if I'm leaving or if I am staying here in Mullingar. I can't believe how fast these past 5 weeks have gone! It seems like yesterday I was emailing you and telling you I got a new companion! It's crazy!! I'm loving every second of it and am so happy to be in Ireland. I love being a missionary and being able to serve the lord. It's definitely the best time of my life so far!
I love you all so much and thank you for all the support!
Elder Benesch