Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

week 27 - Need some new people to teach!

Well hello everyone! I'm so excited to hear about Malia's baptism!! That sounds like it was an amazing experience! It's too bad I couldn't be there, but at the same time this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be! Malia, good job with not sinning so far!!! Haha, hopefully Ethan isn't being a terrible brother and trying to get you to! Well this week wasn't too bad. My new companion Elder Grant is pretty awesome! He is from the south of England in a place called Bormoth (I think thats how its spelled??) so in other words he has a sweet accent. We're both super pumped for this transfer cause we both feel things are going to start happening here! Right now though we are only teaching Aaron and Jackie, and we are having a hard time getting some new investigators. We have a ton of really solid people that keep setting up appointments with us, but just don't keep them. It's hard sometimes, but it's okay cause if we trust in the lord, he will help us find those who are really prepared for the gospel. That's so cool to hear that there will be 11 missionaries serving from our ward!! I'm really happy to hear that and I know that the ward back home will be blessed because of it. As for speaking on Sundays I gave 3 talks in Mullingar, all about 15 minutes, and then I have a talk here in about 2 weeks. So I don't know if you consider that speaking a lot or not, but I don't feel like it's that much. Irvine is a pretty big ward so we don't really speak that much, which I think is a good thing! I like the idea of the ward uplifting one another and not relying on missionaries to uplift, edify, and inspire. Obviously its good for us to speak every now and then, but just not all the time.

I'm so jealous of you guys getting to go through the Gilbert, Temple soon!! I seriously want to go to the temple so bad, it's such a bummer we don't have one in our mission boundaries. I heard that there are now 2 new video's in the temple! That's so cool!! I wanna see them, and can't wait to go when I get back home. The temple is such an important thing and as I am out sharing the gospel with people, I really try to keep that as my end goal for them. Baptism is just the first step onto a path towards the temple, which then leads on to eternal life.

So Malia I can't believe you got your ears pierced!! You are growing up so quick! You might even be taller than mom by the time I get home! haha I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday and I hope you know I love you very much!

I'm so excited to hear about the Super Bowl next week! You guys will have to let me know what happens. I really can't believe the bronco's are in the super bowl the year that I am on my mission!!!! Haha oh well at least it's not the D-backs in the world series or else I would explode.

I'm a little jealous of the weather over there! 70 degrees and sunny sounds amazing. On average it's between 4-7 degrees celsius over here, not including wind chill, (you guys can do the conversion, my guess is it's like 35-40 degrees F.) and I don't think I told you yet, but it has rained literally every day since I have come to Irvine, and this past week it hailed on us while we were out tracting a few times. It's funny cause I'm just so used to being freezing and soaking wet now that it doesn't even bother me!

Ethan - I have seen quite a few people in Kilt's! They look really dumb, I won't lie. But it's okay, if you tell them they are wearing a skirt they will flip out and beat you up!!!! Haha, plus on a funny side note, when people say head over here it's exactly like that one movie! "HEAD, PANTS, NOW!" I can't help but smile everytime I hear it!

Well that's it for now, I love you all so much and hope you all are doing well with school and work. Bye!

Elder Benesch