Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

week 31 - Baptism!!!


Stake President, David, & Avery


Well I had the most amazing experience of baptizing someone for the first time on my mission this past Saturday!! It was one of the sister missionaries investigators, but he asked me to baptize him. It was so cool!! His name is David Hall. I had talked with him a lot at church, and his story is amazing. He is 74 years old, and was neighbors to our stake president here for about 7 or 8 years I think. He is the nicest old man you can ever meet. He is retired but all he does is serve other people in the community. He will do peoples gardens, fix their cars and homes, or just provide some extra food for people. He had studied about 15 different religions thoroughly, just in search of the right one. Then the stake president moved out of his house, and the sister missionaries moved into the house. When this happened the stake president asked the sisters to give David a present, and then try to take the opportunity to teach him. It went perfectly, and the sisters started to teach him!! It took some studing but he eventually found the Book of Mormon to be true and decided to be baptized and that was that! I can't even begin to explain how awesome it was to be able to baptize someone on my mission. It got me so excited for the people we are teaching that are so close to baptism!

So other than that AWESOME event, nothing major happened this week. In hindsight, it was actually a pretty bad week, and I think I need to step-up my game and work a little harder. We haven't heard from Aaron and Jacqui in 3 or 4 days, and they didn't come to church yesterday or show up for our appointment with them last night; so that's really worrying. I have faith though that everything will go alright. Our other solid investigators Kirsty and her 2 boys are a lot closer to wanting to be baptised, but we only saw them once this past week cause they've been really sick. They also didn't come to church so that was terrible!! Oh well that's the mission life.

As far as a good story non-spiritual, I don't really think I have any....
This morning after morning exercise Elder Grant was laying on his back with his leg sticking straight up trying to stretch his calf using an exercise band, and the band slipped off his foot and drilled him in his face!! Haha I was dying laughing. It was hillarious!! His eye is still puffed up and red right now.

So I did get a camera!! I haven't been carrying it around with me yet, because the case that came with it isn't a waterproof one, and I would like it to be, so I'm gonna go buy a real waterproof case before I start carrying it around in the pouring rain for a whole day! Don't worry Mom! I promise I will start taking more pictures! Today we're going to Dundonald castle, which apparently is a really small castle, but it'll be cool to at least check it out.

Well that does it for this week! Love you all so much!! Byeeeee!

Elder Benesch