Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

week 38 - Another transfer in Dalkeith

So once again I forgot to tell you that our move's calls were last night!! It's okay though cause I was pretty sure nothing would happen since me and Elder Lattin just got here, and I was right! So we are both staying for another transfer here in Dalkeith and I'm super pumped for it! It's only a 5 week transfer so it'll go by quick, but we'll be able to get some work done while we're here! Also my last companion Elder Grant is going to come to my zone again and be the zone leader!!! I'm so pumped because it means he'll probably go on exchanges with me when they come to my district meeting!! In other news we didn't have too much success with our investigators this week. We found 2 new people to teach this week though, and they both seem pretty interested actually!! We taught a woman named Lorna who is way into her Christian church that she is a part of, but when we told her about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, she just kind of took it all to be true! She asked if she would have to stop going to her church if she went to ours and we just simply explained it's her choice, but if she received an answer from God about the BoM and Joseph Smith and knew our church was the true church, wouldn't she want to belong to that church? She said she would and it's seemed like if she gets an answer she would be totally willing to be baptized!! We also taught Graham once this week. He's the one who got off alcohol by using Mormon.org and reading the book of Mormon. He never keeps any of the appointments we set with him, and he didn't come to church yesterday, but we still run into him on the street just about every day and he still wants to be baptized!! Hopefully we can pin him down and get him to start keeping more appointments and coming to church.
So to answer some questions: Dad I do remember Brother Gallacher! He taught the mission prep class and he was a really nice guy! That's pretty cool that he is on the stake presidency now, I'm sure he'll do well. That's also pretty funny about Dakota and that girl. Haha mom are you going to make him do some crazy invitation thing for prom?? Oh and also it doesn't rain that much here!! I guess you would think it rains a lot since you're used to AZ but believe me, this is 100 times better than it was in Irvine!! We would get dumped on in Irvine every single day. Whereas here it's just drizzling almost all the time, but it's really not that bad! The coat I bought is working well too. Mom I would also LOVE some stories about church history in Scotland!!! I love learning about church history so that would be awesome if you could send some. E-dog, you should definitely keep working on the whistling. Maybe one day you could become a professional whistler.... you know, make a living out of it or something.
MOM: I don't know if you were going to do the CTR ring thing or not, but I would like "Till the work is done" as the inscription. It's like one of our mission motto's, so I think that would be cool.
Well I'm glad everything is going well back home! Love you all and keep on being awesome!!
Elder Benesch
"Bring out yer dead!"  Scottish National Museum