Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2014

week 56 - Me & Elder Andrews are training Elder Penman

So our new trainee is Elder Penman from Ogden Utah!  Haha he's my first companion that I've served with that's been from Utah, so that broke my hopes of being one of the few missionaries that never have a companion from Utah, I thought it would've been quite the accomplishment but oh well.  He's a pretty good kid, and he has a great desire to share the gospel with others, he just doesn't quite know what to say yet!!  Haha, its reminded me a lot of when I was being trained and I was always so worried about what to say and how to say it, it took me like 3 weeks to realize that it's just talking to people and that it's not really that hard to do haha.  I think he'll figure it out quicker than I did though, cause he's pretty prepared to be a missionary.  Andrew was confirmed yesterday and so that was really cool to be a part of!  We had a great lesson about the Holy Ghost with him and every time we teach him and Hannah I'm always so impressed with their knowledge and understanding of the gospel already!!  We're giving them a gospel principles manual to start studying together, and hopefully that will really help them continue to learn.  We taught a new guy named D. this past week as well who said if he found out that the Book of Mormon is true that he would be baptized!!  Elder Penman was the one who invited him to be baptized and he was super nervous about it but did a great job.  It was a really spiritual lesson, and I'm excited to keep teaching D. in the coming weeks.  Those protein pancakes sound pretty good to me and I'm going to have to try those out tonight!!!  Thanks for the recipe mom!  Also if you have any other recipes for quick meals that take less than 20-30 minutes to prepare and cook that would be awesome.  I've been trying to come up with new things to cook cause me and Elder Andrews are getting a bit tired of the regular meals we cook.  We have a lot of other meals that we can cook, but they all take too long to make in the short amount of time we get for dinner, so we always end up making stir fry's, spaghetti, or just sandwiches really fast and stuff like that.  Well that's about it for this week, I love you all and miss you guys!! 
Elder Benesch