Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 63 - Conference was AMAZING!

Oh man I absolutely love general conference as a missionary!  Its so cool to be able to spend all day sunday just listening to conference with tons of other missionaries around.  We got to watch all the sessions except for the sunday afternoon session.  I was just going to download it to my usb so we could listen to it, but it's the only session not available for download yet!!  Oh well, I'll listen to it next week.  I'm glad that all you guys got the chance to watch all the sessions and learn from it!  It's such a special thing to know that there are prophets and apostles on the earth today that can tell us exactly what the will of the Lord is for each of us.  I especially liked this conference though because It answered so many of my questions that I have had recently about missionary work!!  Elder Dallin H. Oaks and Neil L. Anderson's talks were so good, and it really helped me think about the way I respond to people that shut us down and tell us that everything we believe and share about is false.  In Bangor most of the people are actually good christians (mainly born-agains), but with that they tend to not like the Book of Mormon as they feel the Bible is the infallible word of God and nothing else can possibly be taken as scripture.  They also don't like the idea of a prophet on the earth so they hate on Joseph Smith a lot as well.  Needless to say they can get pretty intense about their beliefs and if we're not careful we can start bashing with them.  I struggle big time with it because I just can't comprehend how people who are such strong believers in Jesus Christ can reject something that tells everyone who reads it to come unto Christ!  Haha I just really wish people would take time to at least hear us out and let us explain about the Book of Mormon and what our message is that we share.  Oh well, just gotta keep on moving!  We still have no investigators right now which is a bit of a struggle, but there is a girl who just barely started to come back to church and she invited her friend who was also less-active to come back and she's decided that she might try!  So we're teaching them both tonight at our ward mission leaders home which will be good.  Hopefully they have lot's of non-member friends we can have them invite to meet with us!!  Last P-day we went to Giants Causeway which apparently is one of the 7 natural wonders of the world!!  It was so cool!!  I absolutely loved checking it out.  I'll send some pictures of it.  Apparently the way it was formed was by lava that cooled really fast and as a result you get some crazy hexagonic shaped rocks all over the place!!  It was such a pretty place and it reminded me of just how incredible all the creations that God has made are!!  

Dude E-dog!!  Congrats on your touchdown man!!  You'll have to send me a play by play of how it went!!  Haha and Dakota you haven't scored a touchdown yet??  For some reason I thought you did, oh well, just score this week haha.  Definitely keep me updated on how you too are doing though!!  I love hearing about it!

Oh yeah, so dad, I would like some more info on the playoffs if thats cool!  I don't even know who is in it or anything, what you said about the nationals is the first time I've heard anything about it, so just let me know what's going on!  And I haven't really heard anything about Rory Mclroy, but mayble I'll ask some members about him.  He's from Northern Ireland but I don't know if he lives near Bangor or not.  Bangor is a pretty rich area so I could see him living out here.

Well I love you all, and hope and pray that life keeps going well for you!!

Elder Benesch