Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2015

week 76 - New Years Day

Hey! So we had a pretty good week! But first off, some bad news. I failed the driving test. Apparently I didn't look around enough every time I pulled away from a curb. Bummer. I think I want to try it one more time, most missionaries that I know of passed the second time through since they know better what to expect.
Anyways the rest of the week was good! M. our investigator is still doing well, she's going to plan on being baptized in February, when all her family can be there. She should be off the cigarettes by the end of January though, so that will be good for her! We also are going to start teaching a big Fijian guy named M. that was referred to us by the missionaries in Glenrothes, so that's exciting! I'll let you know next week how things go with him! We also had a great MLC, and came up with a pretty sweet vision for the mission, and so now we'll all be on the same page across the whole mission and things won't be as mixed up from zone to zone as they have been in the past! Some other exciting news! We got a new weight bench for our flat with about 200 pounds of weights to go with it! So I'm gonna get big!! Haha the chinatown elders moved into their new flat today, and so we just decided to move the weight bench in today as well. Hopefully I'll remember loads of good workouts to do with a weight bench and weights!! We also had a really good New Years Eve/day. New years eve we had to be inside by 6, and so we had the chinatown elders stay over, and we had chinese hotpot which was amazing!!!!! It's basically a boiling pot with loads of spices in it, and then you just throw loads of meat and veg in and pull it out with chopsticks when you want to eat it! You just start eating and keep putting stuff in the pot as you go! It was amazing, I definitely will be doing it loads when I get home!

Well I think that's it for this week, thanks dad for checking out the baseball stuff with Doug Mecham! I really appreciate that, let me know if there's anything I can do on my end to help out.

I love you all so much! You're awesome!


Elder Benesch