Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

week 86 - Beautiful Thurso!

Hello,

So I made it to Thurso on Wednesday night, but I should tell you the story of how I got there!! So for the first part of my traveling on Wednesday we were driving from Dundee to Stonehaven, which is 3/4 of the way to Aberdeen where we were going to meet the Elders from Aberdeen and exchange people (so me) who were moving from Dundee to Aberdeen and Aberdeen to Dundee. We ended up leaving an hour early from Dundee though, and took a detour at this awesome castle!!!! It's Dunnotar castle, and it was beautiful!! We stayed there for a bit and then I proceeded to take a 45 minute drive to Aberdeen; then a 2 1/2 hour train to Inverness; then a 2 1/2 drive to Thurso and finally made it!! We are AGES away from other missionaries haha!! It's good though because I get to experience the highlands of Scotland. Not to mention we are literally out in the country!! Most of the members of the branch live on what they call crofts, which are basically tiny farms. They all have chickens, sheep, horses, cows and all that jazz. It's pretty fun and it'll be a totally different experience for me since I'm so used to serving in city type areas!! I'm excited though. Dad I have heard about the surfing!! We actually have an appointment with a guy who surfs loads up here. He told us if he isn't there it's probably because the surf is awesome that day hahaha. I'll try to find out more about where it is and stuff and we'll definitely have to check it out! The area is beautiful to drive around in, and so I'm really excited to do some sight seeing and stuff. We also have 1 investigator we are working with who is really solid! He is thinking a bit about baptism, and it seems like he's willing to do it and he feels good about the Book of Mormon so we'll see where that goes! All the Hawaii stuff sounds awesome!! To be honest, talking about Hawaii doesn't make me trunky at all so if you want to fill me in on stuff feel free. What makes me trunky is BASEBALL. hahaha, I kinda miss it... I'm pretty good at staying focused during the day though, what I do is just study all the time which helps a lot.

Well I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!!!

Donnatar Castle